Saturday, January 06, 2018

Some Saturday Snaps

So firstly, my computer is still broken. This means I am still posting these blogs on phone. Quite annoying! I can't type ... just peck. 

But I did get my hair done yesterday at long last. My hairdresser, Rachel, told me I needed to be kinder to myself and not wait to so long in the future. I agree. Here's the finished  product: 



And here I am in the freezing weather this morning trying to have a good attitude: 



Prior to my talk with myself, I was having a very bad attitude. JB had to work, it is freezing for the umpteenth day in a row, and I had to do all the animals and get Abigail to the theater with all the kiddos in tow for a long practice. (They have a big show at the end of the month.)

Here is me with my bad attitude. This photo was truly how I felt on the inside. I was mad the cold and mad at hoses for being frozen:



But I messaged a few friends and had a pep talk with myself. I also sat down and talked to my kids. I told them how I felt. I told them I was very cold and very tired and had a very bad headache and that the thought of keeping all the animals watered on such a cold day for the seventh? day in a row was making me very crabby.

I asked them to help me with requests I had around the house and with good attitudes and kindness toward each other. 

And they did. They were amazing today. Truly just amazing. Especially the older three. Hannah is still a wild card.

Speaking of Hannah, here's what she was doing during the chaos:





Yes that is underwear on her head. And yes I asked if it was clean. I also asked her why she was wearing it, and she said she liked it.

Oh and she may have worn pajamas to ballet practice today. Don't judge!

Here's another few pictures I wanted to share. JB took the kids back out on our frozen pond. 



And yesterday, despite the cold, we managed to move two rams. It was absolutely freezing, but it had to be done. We brought Admiral up to the ladies. We put him in the paddock. Then we watched as he and Captain butted their heads against each other like mad. This worked in our favor as JB was able to final lasso Captain to remove him from the paddock. 

It was beyond cold and I hadn't dressed as well as I should have. I actually took Abigail's jacket and wrapped it around my face. 

John's job was to drive the truck down from the paddock. My job was to hold the ram in place. 

Here's a pic:



And yes ... 

#icantbelievethisismylife

No comments: