Sunday, December 10, 2017

What are you expecting?

Our pastor has been doing a series entitled "What are you expecting?" Today he spoke from the passage with Abraham and Sarah and the promise of a son. Pastor Scott reminded me that they were promised a son twenty-five years before he actually came. Can you imagine?

This flashed me back to early on in our infertility struggle. I was in a bad place and suffering quite a bit. I came home, and my uber practical and logical husband had set up a visual illustration for me (since I am a visual learner of course.) He used pennies to symbolize how long some famous people in the Bible had been waiting for their promises. Take a look at this for some perspective:


There's piddly ol' me over there on the right having waited 18 months. (Of course, by the time we adopted Isaac we would be at the five year mark.) And there is Sarah. Really puts things in perspective, doesn't it?

What are you waiting for? Don't lose hope. God is present. He hears you. Keep praying. Keep trusting. Keep hoping. Keep ... waiting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is so wonderful! We struggled for five years before our daughter was born. I thank God everyday for blessing us with her. Just tonight we read Mo Willems’ childrens book “Waiting is Not Easy”. No, it’s not easy but it is so worth it. I catch up on your blog occasionally. I appreciate the wisdom, lessons, and reminders you share.