Thursday, November 16, 2017

Dollywood Returns

We are NOT Amusement Park people. But Isaac is obsessed with roller coasters. Like he will say something like this: "Why don't you like that coaster. It is a 2002 woodie. It was invented by this company. It was built by this company. It is the third fastest coaster in the USA. It has a mph of this amount." Seriously. The kid loves coasters.

Also, if you haven't been to Dollywood, I really recommend it. If you go like we do (when there aren't any crowds), it is truly enjoyable. We love getting Cinnamon Bread and listening to the Christian music. The plays are also great. It is truly just a super fun family time for our family. We only go when we walk on rides, and we just truly have a blast together. 

This time we decided to take Tymen (our Dutch wwoofer who has been with us so much, he is truly becoming a member of our family) and Duygu (our Turkish wwoofer who hadn't ever been to an amusement park before.)

Here are some pictures (in no particular order):

Tymen and Isaac on their first coaster of the day; Lightning Rod. (They ended up riding ten different times this day.) 

Getting ready to leave the station on Lightning Rod. (I often walked up with them and then just exited out before they made me ride!)

There was a new kids coaster. Hannah and Abigail rode it FIVE times. This was also the FIRST (and only) coaster Duygu rode. I rode it three times before the lady told me that I didn't need to ride with Hannah. She was tall enough. Oh gosh I wish I would have known that before I tried to squeeze my legs in that thing.

My girls. This is the only coaster Hannah rode all day. Abigail also rode Firechaser. She tried to ride the Thunderhead but got spooked at the last second.

Tijmen and John also did the kids coaster. They agreed -- to tight for grown-ups!



Duygu was a nice member of our team. She agreed to do the tea cups with the girls so that I didn't have to ride them. (I don't enjoy dizzy rides.)


Isaac and Tymen on the Tennessee Tornado. This was Tymen's least favorite.




Isaac on the swings in the "County Fair" section of the park.


Okay so every single time we go to Dollywood, I have to ride "The Scrambler." Hannah is too little to ride without a grown-up. I really, really dislike this ride. I have to really focus to not get sick. But my husband gets terribly motion sick so it has to be my job. (Duygu and Tymen weren't budging either.)

I love some of the pics that JB got of the kiddos riding. They love flying all over each other.

Sidge rode once with Abigail and once by himself.











On Dollywood's version of Dumbo.



Isaac finally got up the nerve to ride the "Skyrider." After he did it, Abigail agreed. She ran back and forth a half dozen times trying to decide if she would ride or not. And then once she got in, she had a lot of second thoughts.

On Starfall

On StarFall

Tomorrow I will share some of the pictures after dark!
And here's a video Tymen took of me on "The Scrambler":

No comments: