Friday, April 07, 2017

We Bought a Farm: You can't make up these kind of injuries

On Wednesday Isaac broke his left wrist -- just a few months after breaking his right. He was riding down a big hill on our farm with my friend Joia's son Keenan, and he fell.

(Did I tell you that Joia is in town visiting?! More on that in another post, but it is AWESOME!)

On Thursday Abigail fell walking up the stairs and cut her chin -- time for stitches ... again.



I'd like to say that this is the first time that JB has had to stitch up someone in our family. But that would be a big fat LIE. In addition to stitching himself, he has stitched up Isaac (two times), Abigail (two times), and Sidge (two times). I kid you not. This makes #7.

I have to be honest with you all because, well, that's one of the themes in my blogs ... keepin' it real. When Isaac broke his wrist, I was up taking a hike in the woods with Joia. When I came out and found out what happened, I had a really, really hard cry.

I am not sure if I have ever had a hard cry for completely selfless reasons. I was crying because I simply felt so badly for Isaac. The kid just simple can't get a break (ha ha!) I just feel that he has been through the wringer with illness and injuries over the last year. If you think it, please pray for him -- that he would have an extra set of guardian angels keeping him from cruddy accidents.

I was also sad because the kid just loves to play the piano, and I felt that he was not going to be able to play again.

But I shouldn't have worried too much. The break was incredibly slight, and in a place that does not require a cast. He is just in a brace, and should be fine by his recital on April 18. In fact, check it out, he let me record him as he practiced his recital song. He's doing just fine:

 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

AWESOME Isaac!! Love that piece! And look how well you play, even with a brace on!! You are such a gifted player and I look forward to hearing many more pieces in the future! :)

Unknown said...

Praying for Isaac and Abigail to deal quickly!

Unknown said...

That would be heal!