Wednesday, February 08, 2017

We Bought a Farm: Puppies

I try to remember that puppies are puppies for a time. And then they grow. But when you buy a really nice dog house for your pups (two houses actually) and they figure out a way to tear off a huge hunk of it that you were almost positive was indestructible, you think to yourself:

Why in the world did I think that it was a good idea to get another dog? And not just one dog. Two dogs. And not just two dogs! Two puppies!! 

I'm sure JB and I thought about this. And somehow we talked ourselves through this and came out to the other side. We came out thinking that the loss of Scrubs was big, and that we needed these pups.

And we were right. They have truly been fantastic for everyone -- especially Sidge and me who definitely took the Scrubs loss particularly hard. And as far as puppies go, they are actually really, really good puppies.

But they are still puppies.

And yes, our outdoor dogs are spending considerable time indoors.

Don't judge.

I'm a softie.




No comments: