Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Utilizing a Stop Day


I am constantly striving for peace in my life, and this article (linked below) is just another way we can seek that. Yes I live on a farm. Yes we are seeking to live the slow life. But wanting to do that and actually doing that isn't so simple. Just because we have chosen the "slow life" does not mean that I don't face the same battles that you face living a life in suburbia. How do we say no to the right things and yes to the right things? How do I not overcommit myself? How do I take enough breaks and enough deep breaths? 

I say this to say that even though I appear to have this "peaceful" life on a farm in the middle of the country, my challenges are the same as your's. We all have to work hard to slow down and enjoy the life we live. 

"But a wise woman also understands that a worker bee is not a workaholic, but that play, rest, and restorative sleep are vital for living a healthy, productive, and balanced life. Advancements in technology have made many of the tasks that the Proverbs 31 woman was credited as accomplishing able to be tackled today with far greater ease – sometimes at the push of a button."

To read this article in its entirety, click here.

No comments: