Thursday, October 13, 2016

We Bought a Farm: About that time we got an electric bill for $838

Our electric bill is usually in the $200 range. Last month I was a bit shocked when I got a $600 bill. I should have called the power company right then, but honestly, I just thought to myself: Well we've had a ton of people here. It's August. It's hot. The air is running in everyone's rooms. It is what it is. 

But then today? I open up my email to see a bill for $838!!!!!

Oh
my
gosh.

So I'm mildly freaking out. Hyperventilating maybe. I call the electric company. And breathed a huge sigh of relief!

Apparently when I got a new credit card, they could no longer process my payment and the $600 bill was the accumulation of two months. And the $800 was the accumulation of three months!

(Now I did get into a really lengthy discussion as to why no one contacted me to let me know about this and my email just showed an amount and not a late charge. But that's really here nor there.)

Mercy.

No comments: