Wednesday, September 07, 2016

We Bought a Farm: Simple Sweetness


JB and I agreed, about a year ago, that I needed breaks. Weekly date nights are great and regular dates with girlfriends are great too, but neither are feasible right now. We live far from town and "escaping" regularly is just not something I can do.

So we decided that every 6-8 weeks I needed to have something planned. Maybe just one night, maybe more, but something to look forward to and allow me to rest, recuperate, and get rejuvenated. This is for my physical self, emotional self, and spiritual self.

This past weekend I did just that. We were doing our annual "Turkey girls reunion" with a few good friends from our time on Incirlik Air Base near Adana, Turkey, but we long ago decided that not all of us would make it every year. In fact, this time there were just three of us planning to go. At the very last minute, one gal had to cancel leaving just Angelica and me.

Since we were staying at her house (her husband took the kids away for the weekend) we had nothing on our plate to worry about. We slept in, took naps, got a pedicure, ate great food (even got some Indian!) and simply chatted and watched movies and took walks and just built each other up. Oh what a wonderful time this was for me.

Angelica is from Spain and English is her second language so we always have some good laughs at her English goofs. She loves the Lord and her family mightily and she truly just makes my heart smile when I am with her. I am so incredibly blessed by her friendship and so blown away by how wonderful this three night stay was for me. 

Thank you sweet friend! (Gracias!)

1 comment:

Angelica said...

I had a blast! It was so great to have you here! I praise God for your life and your friendship, farm boss!