Friday, November 09, 2012

IVF #5

Isaiah 43:18-19 “Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland."

This will be my new mantra as I prepare to do this whole IVF thing again. It was sent to me today by one of my "infertility buddies". We all have them. People who can help keep us on track because they truly know what is involved in the process of infertility treatments.

As I prepare for my fifth try with invitro fertilization, I find myself a bundle of nerves -- much more tightly wound than I thought I would be. I have "done did" everything there is to do with infertility treatments when I was in Minnesota from 2003-2007. I have survived every invasive procedure and type of exam and blood work and shot and personal request known to man. 

If I've been there and done that and am as seasoned a veteran as you are likely to find, why am I all knotted up thinking of going back to Germany, walking into radiology, and doing it all again? It should be simple this time. Germany is the start to it starting again. In December, I will be back in those same offices in Minnesota.

I must strive to forget the former things and not dwell on the past. God is doing a new thing!

Amen.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I memorized that last year, but out of The Message version. I loved it! It says: Forget about what's happened; don't keep going over old history. Be alert, be present. I'm about to do something brand new! It's bursting out! Don't you see it? There it is! I'm making a road through the desert; rivers through the badlands.