Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Gimme an "A"!

Today, Abigail colored her first picture. To be quite honest, she already seems more into coloring (which includes eating the crayons) that either of her brothers.

 
Abigail is, by far, the most challenging toddler I have yet to raise. She is fiercly determined, strongly opionated, incredibly loud, and without many words yet, often uses an "eh-eh-eh" noise to get your attention. (Sounds harmless enough but after 4,972 "eh's" in a 12-hour period and one can feel like he or she might lose their mind.)
 
I previously believed that the ability to sign would prevent my toddlers from throwing fits. It was true of Isaac for sure Isaac never threw a single fit. (And I mean not a one!). Sidge threw only a few, including the infamous fit in Istanbul which has sinced been referred to as The Istanbul from that point forward by everyone who was there to see it. (It culiminated with him falling asleep sitting up.) 
 
Abigail is, however, signing like a crazy woman. And throwing fits like a crazy woman. Her signs currently include:
  • please
  • more
  • thank you
  • all done
  • eat
  • milk
  • bunny (for pacifier)
She also says the following words:
  • Mama
  • Dada
  • Ball
  • Brother (Ba-ba)
Here's a video of her signing both more and please while using her feminine wiles to get what she would like. You can see from this video that while she does not talk, she easily makes her will know. If she doesn't want someone to talk to her, she pushes them away. If she wants something that you won't give her, she let's her voice be heard. She doesn't want to share my lap with anyone. She wants what she wants. What a focus this chick has!
 
But oh she has spunk and personality and a smile that will absolutely melt your heart! I absolutely love her to a million pieces. I love how different all my children are. And I look forward to watching who they are as toddlers take them into the God-fearing adults I pray that they will one day be. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweetheart :) On a completely unrelated note - there is a little boy in the daycare I work at that is Isaac's doppelganger. I just started there this week and when I walked in and saw him I had to do a double-take. The likeness is uncanny.

Carrie said...

She reminds me so much of my Maddie. Same age, hardly talking but signing like crazy and getting what she wants across with no problems, stubborn, adorable, sassy, hilarious, and exhausting!

I love the kiss to get her way - that's hilarious!