Tuesday, April 05, 2011

The napping fire chief

This morning while reading a book on virtues of little boys, I read that little boys are wise. "Do you want to be wise when you grow up," I asked the boys.

Isaac crinkled his nose and shook his head. "No," he said. "I want to be a fire chief."

And of course, Elijah then echoed big brother. "Not wise," he huffed. "Fire deef."

*****

Before bed this evening, I was reading the boys their devotional* Bible. I asked them, as the book instructed, what they did to help their Daddy and Mommy.

Isaac replied, "I clean up my toys. I feed Scrubby."

Elijah said, "I take naps."

I couldn't disagree with ANY of those responses. A child taking a nap definitely helps me!

***

*Someone had asked me what devotional materials I use this devotional and love it. I substitute in the boys' names for the fictional kids in the book. They really enjoy it. I use this Bible as well each night. We read one entry from each book, and the boys seem to really enjoy them. Great pictures and stories.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Thanks so much for sharing the devotional you use! I just added it to my Amazon wish list. I appreciate your recommendation!

Cha Cha B said...

Elijah's comment cracked me up! Classic.