Friday, May 30, 2008

Photos from the bay

Mom K. has now been here since Wednesday and keeps telling me that I need to take pictures! I finally remembered to take my camera out. Isaac stayed at home with his Daddy this afternoon (who is done with nights!) while Mom and I went to the bay and hung out with Deuce and "his person" Bobbie. One of the highlights of each day for me here in the panhandle is the 30 minutes to 1 hour I spend nearly everyday in this grassy area bordering Bobbie's yard on the bay. Scrubs has such a good time playing with his Frisbee and with Deuce. It's shady, and there is always a gentle breeze coming off the water. Here's a few snaps of Scrubs and his best bud Deuce. It's hard to see the water in the background, but I think you get the idea.




In other news, we are busy working on some final details regarding Isaac's adoption. There is a final court hearing approximately 90 days after placement. We will have to return to Fort Lauderdale for this event. We also have to get a post-placement home study done. This will include two visits by a social worker along with a myriad of other housekeeping issues. Right now, I am trying to find out who can do this for us. It's a bit complicated, but because our agency is an international agency and technically, our first home study was done for our China daughter not for Isaac, we aren't sure that America World can do the update. We will figure out but just need wisdom and guidance to find the best (and cheapest) place to do this through.

We are also hoping to get the plastic surgeon to look at Isaac's ear next week sometime. He has been out of town, but the rumor is, he is back on base. So hopefully we will get this moving soon.

Our weekend promises to be a great one! Tomorrow the church is hosting a shower for me in the morning, and in the afternoon, we are going to a cookout to celebrate Danny's return from overseas and our good friends' Tristan & Shannon's departure for Turkey. Man we will miss them! Any weekend that JB is home with us is glorious to me! Man I have missed him the last few weeks. We also plan to spend the weekend transitioning Isaac into his nursery and out of the living room which has been home base for the first few weeks at home. Lots to do but so excited to do it with Mom K. and JB here.

I hope your weekend is also a good one!

No comments: